Menorca league season 2019/20 officially over
The Regional Preferente Menorca league season has been officially ended.
The FFIB proposals to end the season have been unanimously ratified, and means the league table will remain as it was after the last round of playable games, back at the start of March.
None of the other league positions would have changed either, despite some clubs having games in hand.
Just three points separated UE Sami, Sporting Mahon, CD Menorca, CE Ferreries and CD Migjorn in mid-table, with bottom two Penya Ciutadella and Atletic Ciutadella managing just two wins apiece all season.
An FFIB statement said:
- As agreed by the resolution of the Conselleria d’Afers Socials i Esports, published in the BOIB dated May 16, 2020, to end the regular league of the 2019/2020 Sports Season, in all the territorial competitions of the FFIB (men’s soccer, women’s soccer and futsal).
- The order of the different competitions will be determined by the Single Competition Judge establishing the order of the competition with the following criteria: a) With the results of the classification that were established on the last day held at the time the status of alarm in Spain (March 14, 2020).
b) In the event that there are possible ties in any group, they will be resolved according to the criteria established in 162 of the FFIB General Regulations .
c) In the event that in any group (non-competitions) there were teams with matches pending, to determine their place in the final classification, the coefficient criterion will be applied, which means dividing the points obtained between the matches played.
- That the promotions established in accordance with the provisions of the competition regulations for the 2019/2020 season occur for those teams that promoted directly.
- For competitions in which there is promotion promotion as a result of the competition rules, in accordance with the agreement of the resolution of the Conselleria d’Afers Socials i Esports published in the BOIB dated May 16, 2020, the FFIB will request the same, authorization so that they can be held by express format and in a single venue, all under the appropriate criteria of public health guarantee set by the health authorities.
- There will be no decreases in the categories of territorial scope, consistent with the provisions of non-professional national competitions.
- These agreements will be made known to all levels of the FFIB and the Directorate General d’Esports.
The FFIB and its Management Board is fully aware of the effort and dedication made throughout the season by the clubs, footballers, coaches, coaches, collegiate and collegiate that are part of this Federation and their immense enthusiasm for ending it.
Likewise, the FFIB and its Management Board are aware that the world of sport in general and soccer in particular is no stranger to the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19. In fact, Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, declaring the state of alarm for the management of, already foreseen, in article 10, third section, the suspension of sports activities.